Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Some of them are quite nice, actually . . .

I'm at work tonight and I went down to the cafeteria for a Dr. Pepper and a piece of pizza for dinner. There was a doc in line paying, and he apologized for jumping ahead of me - I wasn't paying enough attention to know whether he had or not. In the end, he bought my dinner. I tried to give the money back, but he took it and handed it to the checker who took it, over my protests.

A nice little bonus on the day we re-arrange for the next phase of our lab remodel!

Kamilla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

> Some of them are quite nice, actually . . .

Yes, that was nice of him. I'd say it helps to be lady-like.

My wife was telling me a man about 70 was addresing her as "ma'am" in line at the Post Office yesterday.

I told her he knows a lady when he sees one.

--Michael