Monday, March 22, 2010

Psalm 146:3

"Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation."

I can't get the verse out of my head this morning. And I keep asking myself why did anyone trust a man who is still a member of a party that no longer even pays lip service to the Clinton abortion mantra - "Safe, Legal and rare". Make no mistake, this is about abortion and only abortion - it always has been. If it weren't, the legislation would have passed 6 months ago. The Hyde amendment language is dead - this president will never sign an Executive Order with any language that even remotely resembles Hyde nor will it be attached to the next HHS appropriations bill. And our elected princes have just put another paving brick in the road to fulfillment of Obama's campaign promise to pass FOCA. (bit by murderous bit).

And I am not rejoicing that this may mean the Republican party will take back a majority of one or both house of Congress this fall. All that would mean is that the ship may sink a little bit more slowly.

Holy Scripture tells us there is no law against the Fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control). But I wonder if we are seeing the dawn of the day when these things will be against the law? Not insofar as they reside in us, but as they show themselves in actions. Will one of us be arrested for speaking to a friend thinking about killing the babe growing inside her? Will someone like Lila Rose, exposing the lies of the abortion industry, be arrested for interfering with the rights of women? Which of our children will be sent for remedial education for refusing to participate in sex education activities? Which free clinic run by Christians will be the first to be closed down for not providing abortions or information on where to obtain one.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Then, another saying goes, fool me three times, I must be a Republican. Republican, Democrat or other - shame on all of us for ever having put our trust in political princes.

1 comment: