Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I try, I REALLY do try . . .

Some time ago, a dear friend not-so-gently suggested that reading the sites of religious feminists might not be good for my spiritual health. He was absolutely right. For the most part, I have followed his advice. But when someone sends me an unsolicited link, I do tend to follow the rabbit trail long enough to figure things out.

This happened recently when the Seneca Falls 2 hive of harridans demanded an apology from CBMW. I still say, the only thing CBMW has to apologize for is treating the religious feminists like misguided colleagues and not the heretics they undeniably are. It took me a couple of days to pull this one out of memory, but the name of one of the gals promoting the demand for an apology -- her name sounded vaguely familiar. And it was. She is one of CBE's listed bloggers where here description reads:

Shawna R. B. Atteberry is a freelance writer in Chicago. She is a member of Grace Episcopal Church in the South Loop. Her husband, Tracy, is a computer software engineer for Oracle. Her writing includes biblical studies, theology, feminist theology, biblical egalitarianism, sermons, poetry, and urban fantasy. Outside of writing she likes to cook, sew, crochet, go for walks, and listen to great music in Grant Park over the summer.



She sounds like a pretty run-of-the-mill Evangelical feminist, doesn't she? Pretty harmless except for the preachers in skirts thing, right? How many times do I have to repeat it? There is nothing harmless about these religious feminists. It is heresy piled upon heresy with these folks and her own website reveals the depth of her rebellion. On her website she describes herself like this:

Shawna is an associate editor with The Christian godde Project: Exploring the Divine Feminine Within the Christian godde. The Christian godde Project is translating the New Testament using Divinine Feminine images for godde. She is also the Chicago Protestant Examiner for Examiner.com.

and,

I empower women to be the leaders godde calls them to be at home, work and church by exploring the Divine Feminine and stories of the women in the Bible. I also use my experience and spiritual direction to help them discover new facets of godde and their own leadership abilities.

note: In copying information from Atteberry's website I have made two alterations. First, I have removed the links -- you will have to follow your own rabbit trails. Second, I have removed the capitalization from the name of the false deity she serves.

No comments: