Sunday, January 1, 2012

My favorite 2011 Posts

Not as much fun, and not as much cooking as I would have liked on this blog last year.  But there are a few posts I'd like to hang out front again as little reminders.

The first is a bittersweet post.  It is always heartening to hear about pro-life heroes in Hollywood.  It's sad though, when so often we hear about it in their obituaries.  Perhaps that is as it should be - no one does that sort of work in order to boost their fame and fortune.  They do it because it is the right thing to do and they can't not do it. Jane Russell was one such hero.

I'm always excited to hear about a new health food discovery.  Especially one that is so very satisfying.  Courtesy of my friend Brian St. Paul (formerly of Inside Catholic), we all learned that booze is the new health food..  To quote one of the wise founders of this country, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

Just to prove I don't mind poking fun at  myself and to assuage the fears of some that I go running to behind the broad shoulders of certain brothers in the faith when the going gets tough and danger knocks at my door, I give you the Alligator whisperer.  (p.s. that is not tape, it's a scrunchy)

No comments: