Friday, May 4, 2012

Absence and Presence

A month into the new job, I am feeling a bit less like I need a six-week rest cure when I head home at the end of 8 hours of training.  About a month to go and then I will resume, what for me, are normal work hours.  I am working full time (40 hours a week), something which I have done in many years - so I know you all won't feel too awfully sorry for me.  One of the long term blessings of this position is fewer weekends - one in four.  Yippee!

So, after some broken promises about coming content, I think I am back up in blogging shape.  This weekend there will be a post about CBE.  It will be the last time I mention them, on my own initiative, on this blog.  There may also be a note about Rachel Held Evans in the post - and that will be the last time I mention her until I publish my review of her book when it is out in the fall.

I am also aiming to have two book reviews posted of three books.  I hope that will happen this weekend.  If not, before the end of next week unless God (rather than my own inertia) has something else in mind.

Many thanks to the faithful friends who have been checking in vain hope of new content.  I think the long hard slog is over and I will be back to a semi-regular blogging schedule.  Any suggestions about regular features are welcome - either in the comments or privately by email.

You've been warned - I'm back!

No comments: